This morning the Skamania County Elected Officials met to evaluate the flood incident within the Courthouse.
A preliminary assessment of the incident was provided by public works and shows that all 3 floors of the courthouse have been impacted. The east end of the building at all 3 levels sustained the majority of the impact.
Contractors are on site to begin clean-up. County employees and the public should expect disruptions in normal access areas and some delays in services over the next several days.
As a result of the incident, the courthouse has been closed to the public this morning. The building will be opened to the public at 12pm today. There will continue to be an impact to county services. The following represents the impacts as this time and these will continue to change as the clean-up progresses.
SKAMANIA COUNTY COURTHOUSE FLOOD IMPACTS AND SERVICE LEVELS
1st floor-Impacts- Floors and ceiling tiles sustained water damage.
Staff will be on-site and available to the public. The lunch room will be set up to accommodate District Court Staff
2nd Floor– Impacts: Floors, ceiling tile, some equipment, records damage.
AUDITOR’S OFFICE- Closed with limited opening this afternoon
- Significant water damage to Auditors office- No services available at this time in the Auditor’s Office
- Recording Services are anticipated to be available after 2pm today in the Law Library on 2nd floor
- Department of Licensing services may be available late today but most likely not until tomorrow and will also be in the law library on the 2nd floor.
ASSESSOR’S OFFICE- Open
- Staff on site and able to conduct all normal duties except for Records due to the Auditors office.
- GIS is not impacted.
TREASURER’S OFFICE- OPEN
- Staff on site and able to provide all services related to deposits from all Departments and Junior Taxing Districts and Property Taxes.
- Services that require an interface with the Auditor’s Office are currently not available.
3rd floor- impacts: Floors, walls, records
SUPERIOR COURT- OPEN
- The superior court administrator will be relocated to the Clerk’s Office until further notice
- Court will be in session Thursday 2/1/2018 and Friday 2/2/2018.
DISTRICT COURT- OPEN (STAFF AND OFFICE RELOCATED TO FIRST FLOOR LUNCH ROOM)
- Staff on site- Relocation of staff and access to records may result in service delays for the short term.
- Staff on site- All normal services currently available.
- Staff on site- Services available.
As a result of this incident there will be disruptions in services and limited access throughout the courthouse. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work to establish a safe and functional environment for employees and the public.